Code of Ethics
- Sexuality is an essential, natural, and healthy part of being human; we as humans are sexual beings lifelong, from conception to death.
- Sexual rights are human rights; all adult sexual expression is acceptable, as long as it is with consent and without intentional harm.
- Every person deserves to choose whether, how, and with whom they wish to express their sexuality, alone and/or with a partner.
- Every person deserves to and can have the sexual aspects of one’s life become realized; every person also has the obligation to take responsibility for their sexual actions and the impact on self, others and the global environment.
- People do not get rid of parts of themselves as sexual beings; they learn how to embrace and accept those aspects of self.
- Most practitioners of medicine and mental health care are inadequately trained and prepared to meet the sexual needs of their patients.
- Sex coaching is a direct, powerful and transformational pathway to sexual healing, sexual wellness, and sexual success.
- Being a sex coach is one of the highest professions one can choose, empowering the sex coach to clear oneself first, then to become the greatest container for the sexual well-being of clients.
- We at Sex Coach U serve as role models for sex-positivity, sexual empowerment, sexual health, and sexual success to the world.
- We as sex coaches must give back to the global community and advocate for sexual well-being and sexual freedom wherever we can have a positive influence.
Code of Ethics
Sex Coach U has a Code of Ethical Principles that is contained in the Sex Coach U Manifesto and upholds the Code of Ethical Standards and Values of several organizations, including:
The basic tenets for ethical standards at the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT) with the exception: We uphold the right for sex coaches who are trained and certified by the Sex Coach U to use healing and appropriate touch.
The World Association of Sexual Health Declaration of Sexual Rights: https://worldsexualhealth.net/resources/declaration-of-sexual-rights/
The World Association of Sexual Health Declaration on Sexual Pleasure: https://worldsexualhealth.net/declaration-on-sexual-pleasure/
The Woodhull Sexual Freedom Alliance: https://www.woodhullfoundation.org/
The Society for the Scientific Study of Sexuality: http://sexscience.org/
The beliefs, credos and practices of other well-regarded organizations, including:
Planned Parenthood: https://www.plannedparenthood.org/
The World Health Organization: https://www.who.int/
The National Coalition For Sexual Freedom: https://www.ncsfreedom.org/
Kink Aware Professionals: https://www.ncsfreedom.org/key-programs/kink-aware-professionals-59776
Pink Therapy: https://pinktherapy.org/
The American College of Sexologists International: http://www.americancollegeofsexologists.org/
The 4D Network: http://www.4-dnetwork.com/
And other human/sexual rights groups advocating for sexual rights, sexual wellness, and freedom.